Changing conditional text settings crashes Frame

rebecca officer rebecca.officer at alliedtelesis.co.nz
Mon Jan 13 19:19:51 PST 2014

Hi Anita

We also had crashes when changing CT show/hide settings in FM10. I
reported it very thoroughly to Adobe and they confirmed there was a bug.
As far as I can tell, it's fixed in FM11.

Two workarounds:
- we didn't see the crash if we saved the file immediately before
changing the CT show/hide settings
- it didn't crash if we imported CT settings from a file

We ended up using framescript to create menu items for changing the CT
settings, where the script imports the settings from a file.

Cheers
Rebecca

>>> "Gutierrez, Anita" <Anita.Gutierrez at sage.com> 14/01/14 07:24 >>>

Hi Framers,

Frame 10.0.2.419 / Win 7 Enterprise SP1 / I’m on the digest list so
please copy me on any responses.

I have a file that consistently crashes Frame when I change its
conditional text settings.  Here’s the sequence. The file uses two
conditions, which I’ll call Condition1 and Condition2.

1. Open the file and select Special > Conditional Text > Show/Hide
Conditional Text.
2. Change anything in the window except to hide Condition1.
3. Click Apply.  Boom! (Internal error 10024, 5989862, 5990284,
4795407.)  This is very repeatable with this one file.  (And yes, I’ve
sent the error log to the fmerror@ adobe group.)

Of note:

•  If I hide Condition1 (assuming it’s showing), I don’t get the crash.
 All other changes in the Show/Hide window cause the crash.

•  I tried closing the file and clicking it in the context of the book.
 Selecting View > Show/Hide Conditional Text and applying changes still
causes the crash.

•  I asked a couple of colleagues to test the above steps on their
machines and they also got the crash.  (One’s on Frame 10.0.0.388, the
other same as me, 10.0.2.419.)

•  I can change condition settings for other files, including other
files in the same book, through the UI without crashing.

•  I can use a FrameScript to set the doc’s ShowCondIndicators and
CondFmt.CondFmtIsShown as needed.  This is my work-around for the time
being.
•  I can save the file to MIF, open as text and change <CState CHidden>
to <CState CShown> for my two conditions. When I re-open in Frame, the
conditions are showing, with condition indicators on. (Anyone know the
MIF equivalent of “don’t Show Condition Indicators”?  I searched for
“cond” and “condition” and didn’t find anything recognizable as
such.)

Possibly also of note:

•  Last week when this started happening, I tried a reboot (in the
absence of other ideas).  When my machine came back up, it
blue-screened—so there may be a systemic issue not related to Frame.
However since my colleagues were able to reproduce the problem,
environment issues are not the sole cause.

Have any of you seen something similar to this before? Or have any
ideas about how to un-corrupt the file?

Thanks—
Anita

Anita Maria Gutierrez
Curriculum Developer
Sage Construction and Real Estate
Sage Software

Connect with us
Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn | Facebook (
https://na.sage.com/sage-na/company/connect-with-us )

notify Allied Telesis Labs Ltd immediately.
be the views of Allied Telesis Labs.