search with RegExp RE: Now OT, I suppose. RE: Adobe pricing policies

Scott Prentice sp10 at leximation.com
Thu Jan 30 17:55:44 PST 2014

By "included files" do you mean text insets?

If so .. I don't believe that a search will find anything in an inset
(certainly would be nice). Once way you can do that is to create a
special book that you use for authoring, which is different than the one
you use to create PDFs from. Add your insets to this "authoring" book,
then you can do a search across the book, and it'll find content in the
insets.

Hmm .. it would be fairly simple to create an ExtendScript that
temporarily "unlocked" all insets in a document. You could do the
unlock, search, then lock it once you've located the inset. You'd want
to be careful, but it should work.

Cheers,

...scott