Mif2Go: installation problems

Prestridge, RobertX H robertx.h.prestridge at intel.com
Wed Jul 2 10:37:11 PDT 2014

Hi, Everyone:

Thanks beforehand to anyone who can help me with the following issue.

I've been tasked with doing a major DITA conversion for my company.  The issue?  I've been given Mif2Go with which to work, and when I attempt to install the plugin, the installation fails.  (I am working in section 1.3.1. of the user guide, by the way.)  I have ensured that I am using the correct variable names and correct variable values.  Yet, when I open a Windows shell command prompt and check to see if the installation took, I get an error message.

Specifically, this is where I am stuck in 1.3.1:

Verify that your new framework is accessible

Reboot your Windows system. Then open a command-prompt window, type dcl, and press Enter. You should see a usage message for dcl.exe. If you see a "not found" message instead, something is wrong.

Thanks again!

Bob