FM 12 in Parallels using Win7

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 13 17:35:02 PDT 2014

At 14:31 -0700 13/7/14, Scott Prentice wrote:

>Ah yes .. my experience with this is through Fusion, but I'm quite sure that the 64/32-bit question is the same for both virtualization options.
>
>At the time I made this switch (7 years ago), Fusion was generally considered the better choice, and it was also the system that a couple of my clients were using. Since then, it seems that the "preference" switches from Parallels to Fusion as each comes out with a new release. In reality I think it's probably a toss-up.

I guess we're going a bit off-topic here, but this evening I tried out Fusion (5). At the moment I'm interested in OS X virtual machines, using Snow Leopard Server. I hit what looks like a major snag with Fusion: in a Fusion Snow Leopard VM I get offered only one display resolution (tiny screen), as opposed to the zillions in a Parallels (9) SL VM. I will investigate this further when I get time, and see if the problem exists in a Fusion Win7 VM.

It was an evaluation version of Fusion: maybe they cripple it.

--
Steve