File not appearing in Set Structured Application dropdown

Heiko Haida info at heiko-haida.de
Wed Jul 30 17:59:07 PDT 2014

Hi Angela,

I am not sure if I understand what you are expecting.

If there is a "department rule", those department guys should tell you
what to do exactly - it seems they know something.

Ok, now, you say: "When I try to select my file from the Set Structured
Application dropdown...".

Well, you do not select a file there. This option will apply the
settings of one of the structured applications (defined in the
"structapps.fm") to an open xml file, so that FrameMaker knows how to
handle this file, parse with which DTD, use which entities and so on.

Maybe you can specify your problem more accurately.

(Or: Maybe you should get a good introduction in working with structured
FrameMaker first.)

Good luck - Tino Haida, Berlin

angela.foster at daimler.com: