Frame crash on Windows under parallels

Scott Prentice sp10 at leximation.com
Tue Jun 24 08:20:08 PDT 2014

I think that the difference here is that this probably *only* happens
with FM. If it was all (or at least other) apps, then it would likely be
an OS or VM issue, but if it's just FM, then there's probably something
slightly incompatible being done in FM that Adobe should be aware of.
Granted, Adobe doesn't claim to support this environment, but it's
certainly not an uncommon situation.

I use VMware Fusion to run FM on my Mac, and the only crash I ever see
that seems VM related is when I'm using FM8 and I flip from Windows to
Mac while FM is busy doing something. It doesn't crash all of the time
though .. probably just 5% of the time. I just make a point of saving
before switching to the Mac OS. I've not seen this with other FM
versions, nor do I see other VM-related crashes in FM. All in all it's
far more stable than pre-VM days.

Cheers,

...scott