making stuff unconditional in FM12

Reng, Dr. Winfried wreng at tycoint.com
Mon Mar 31 00:24:19 PDT 2014

Hi,

I fully agree with Mike. I use FrameMaker since version 3,
and I use many of the shortcuts. I really prefer the new GUI
to the old one.

Regarding making text unconditional in FrameMaker 12:
It's difficult. When you want to _change_ the condition state
you want to set it to On or Off.
However, if you have a few conditions and started to change
something, and then you notice that you should not change
one of the conditions, then you you should be able to set it
to "As Is". However, this "As Is" state is really confusing.
I tested FrameMaker 12 in my virtual machine, and when I clicked
on the On/As Is/Off check box, the check box got hidden
(my virtual machine's fault), and I did not notice that it changed
to "As Is" instead of "Off". I did not understand why nothing
happened when I clicked "Apply" ...

Generally I think that the check boxes are better than the radio
buttons in FrameMaker 11.

Best regards

Winfried