Keyboard shortcuts -- Was: Re: making stuff unconditional in FM12

Linda Pelton lapelton at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 10:22:36 PDT 2014

I'm going to disagree only with the keyboard shortcuts comment -- they
sort of fixed it is the most generous comment I can make. If you were a
dedicated keyboardist, the "new" keyboard shortcut is slower than --
well molasses in January. On first starting Frame you wait the first
time on the "blinking" menu to first appear -- several seconds. On
subsequent use of the keyboard shortcut, it's hit or miss. It appears
that the longer your paragraph format list is, the slower it is because
I don't have trouble with the Character catalog. And many times, in the
paragraph formatting, Frame flat doesn't recognize the first letter of
the format. It will stop on a totally different letter forcing you to
mouse the selection as subsequent taps of the desired letter combination
does not bring up the correct format desired.

For years I have carefully crafted my templates to take advantage of
those keyboard shortcuts. The loss was devastating. During the time that
they were missing entirely, someone on this list mentioned alternative
keyboard shortcuts which I have forgotten as I always used F8 and F9
with the alphabet letter. I'm wondering if that alternate route still
works.

Regards,
Linda Pelton