Docbook bookfile

Wim Hooghwinkel - idtp wim at idtp.eu
Fri Nov 21 11:39:29 PST 2014

Thanks all … for your kind concerns about me trying to do a docbook experiment in the DITA ages ….

I have been working with docbook (variants) already back in the FrameMaker 5.5 days, so <support> for docbook has been there in FM, I know. And it still is. In the early days this < support> was not based on round tripping the XML.

I have not been doing docbook or any other custom XML in FM for a long time, and being spoiled by all the DITA support suddenly feel a bit clumsy by trying to get a docbook <book> into FM.
So, I was wondering if any of you already had found or made a solution for that.

Eventually my client will move to DITA. But as they have a lot of current content it’s not feasible to start a conversion project now. We have to find a short term solution to let them continue working with the content as it is.

Vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,

Wim Hooghwinkel