Frame 9 Crashing - Can't Create PDFs

Craig, Alison Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Wed Oct 22 10:20:01 PDT 2014

Craig:

I'm actually getting both now. Originally, I just got the Distiller fault - and for the few individual test files I've been able to successfully Print to Book, I still get it during the distilling process.

However, now I'm getting an actual Frame crash pretty much every time. And it usually happens at the Chapter 1-Chapter 2 threshold.

The one anomaly is that early yesterday when I reran a completed project as a test, it ran perfectly using the standard (for me) Print to Book/distill option. The Book isn't nearly as large or complex as the one that keeps failing, but it has 11 or 12 files and multiple conditions as well as the logo I had to incorporate. (I just tried this again and Frame crashed - so it now seems to be universal. Yesterdays' success must have been a fluke.)

I have the sundorne SetPrint utility installed, so Adobe PDF is always selected as the printer. And I never have the Generate Tagged PDF option on, so that isn't the problem.

I also always have the Rely on System fonts option deselected - I've checked in both places it can be set and it's fine.

I guess it's time to uninstall/reinstall (after the IT tech vets my system).

Do you know where I deselect the Frame option that essentially tells Adobe I'm uninstalling, so I can reinstall without any issues?

Alison

Alison Craig | Technical Documentation Lead
Ultrasonix | 130-4311 Viking Way | Richmond, BC  V6V 2K9 | analogicultrasound.com<http://www.analogicultrasound.com>
T 604-279-8550 ext 127 | F 604-279-8559