FrameMaker: mysterious font substitution in PDF

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Fri Oct 24 09:02:35 PDT 2014

Yeah, check the font folder and see that Helvetica is actually
installed, and installed properly. Windows hides information, list the
files at the command line or use a third-party file browser. I had a
problem a couple of years ago where one of the two files (.pfb and
.pfm) required for an old PostScript font was missing.

> - Document uses Helvetica font. Font pane shows all document fonts are
> available and in use (i.e., FrameMaker is not substituting any fonts).