FM9 Crashes when Creating PDFs with files that Contain PDFs (WAS: Frame 9 Crashing – Can’t Create PDFs)

Heiko Haida info at heiko-haida.de
Sat Oct 25 08:40:02 PDT 2014

Hi Alison,

I also had problems to print some single pages to PDF in a larger DIN A3
format: The content was displayed partially, the page was not completely
shown (without error message).
First I thought the graphic files were corrupt, as taking out the
graphics would at least produce a PDF.

Then I found that the distiller profile was set to 2400 dpi, and after
reducing this to 1200 dpi everything was fine.
I don't like it, but it seems FM has some internal memory problems here.

Maybe this also applies to your problem.

Best regards - Tino H. Haida, Berlin

Craig, Alison:

> FM 9 Version: 9.0p255
>
> Unstructured
>
> OS: Windows 7, 64 bit
>
> Okay, after repairing, then reinstalling Frame 9 and Acrobat (which I actually updated to CC Acrobat XI) I was still getting constant crashes when trying to create PDFs using either method.
>
> I had previously tried removing a few graphics (all imported by reverence), but that didn't help. This time I went all out and removed every PDF and PNG. (Note that I didn't remove any EPS files. I was hoping that wouldn't be necessary as I have so many EPS icons).
>
> Voila! _PRINT BOOK…_, then distilling to PDF worked just fine.
>
> I retested the files, leaving in the PNGs and it continued to work.
>
> I opened several Visio files, resaved them to PDF then re-imported a few by reference. _PRINT BOOK…_ crashed with these "new" PDFs, even if only a single PDF was in the file. The page count would stop at precisely the page containing the PDF.
>
> I have dozens and dozens of PDFs in my books. If resaving the Visio files to a "new" PDF didn't fix the problem, does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> What could have gone wrong with the PDFs, many of which have existed for months or, in some cases, years?
>
> Alison
>
> ALISON CRAIG | TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION LEAD
>
> Ultrasonix | 130-4311 Viking Way | Richmond, BC V6V 2K9 | analogicultrasound.com [1]
>
> T 604-279-8550 EXT 127 | F 604-279-8559
>
> -------------------------
>
> Analogic
> Ultrasound