Acrobat X: Manually sending a Shared Review

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 05:12:37 PST 2015

Hi all,

I worked with Box a lot yesterday (that's the "cloud-based storage" I
mentioned), and with some experimentation and testing aid from two of the
designers I support, I figured out how to do Shared Reviews with Box as a
WebDAV server.

I have to say, I was almost unreasonably excited when we got it to work.

I'm trying to generalize what we worked out so I can update this thread
with the solution if anyone is interested, but that may take a few days.

Thanks to all who supplied suggestions and information. This list rocks.

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 6:31 PM, Zimmerman, Gary <
Gary.Zimmerman at teradata.com> wrote:

> *When you do a server-based shared review, each reviewer's comments are
> actually stored separate from the review PDF, in separate XML files that
> are somehow linked to the PDF document.  That’s why you can have multiple
> reviewers reviewing and marking up the document at the same time.*
>

> *If you use the option to save an "archive" copy of the file, the comments
> existing at the moment are all "flattened" into the PDF file that is saved,
> as regular PDF-based comments and markup.*
>

> *Not sure how that's handled with email-distributed review copies going to
> reviewers who don't have access to the server where all the XML files are
> stored.*
>

> *-- garyZ*

Lin Sims