limiting adjectives vs possessive adjectives

Guy K. Haas guy at hiskeyboard.com
Mon Mar 16 15:08:01 PDT 2015

Thanks, Fred--

  "[T]he second noun could be made from the first (e.g., chicken soup),
  intended for the first (e.g., user manual),
  composed of the first (e.g., butterfly migration),
  dependent on the first (e.g., church wedding)"

At the grocery store, we see this variety all the time.

Corn oil is made from corn
Olive oil is made from olives

Mineral oil is composed of mineral deposits

Motor oil is made FOR motors
Baby oil is made FOR babies.....

--Guy Haas