[Framers] Best way to replace one template with another without using plugins?

Mike Wickham mewickham at cox.net
Tue Apr 12 11:14:50 PDT 2016

If the paragraph/character tag names are all the same in the new
template, you can select all the files in the book and then import the
formats. Any formats that are the same name will be overwritten. Any in
the old document that don't exist in the new template, will be left
untouched, and any formats that exist in the new template, but not the
document, will be added. This could leave you with formats that you no
longer want and would want to manually delete.

The Paragraph Tools and Character Tools plugins
fromhttp://siliconprairiesoftware.com
<http://siliconprairiesoftware.com>let you create a conversion list that
can rename formats from one name to another in a single stroke, making
it easy to import from a new template that has different format names.

Mike Wickham