[Framers] Cannot get FM to drop the even-numbered blank page

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Wed Apr 27 18:02:47 PDT 2016

Comprehensive list from Harro de Jong (thanks again) in 2013:

Blank pages at any position:
- Manual page break
- Page break in paragraph format or as paragraph override, or start:
top of page setting
- Table or graphic frame anchors (set to 'below current line', if the
table/figure is large enough that the table and anchor, plus any
paragraphs with 'keep with next' settings above the anchor, don't fit
on the page)
- tables/graphic frames that are too large to fit on a page
- Tables with too-greedy Keep with next/previous settings
- Tables with straddled columns
- Pages with disconnected text frames (or no body text frame at all)

Blank pages at the start or end of a chapter:
- rightclick chapter in book->Pagination->Make page count odd/even
(can add an empty page at end of chapter)
- rightclick chapter in book->Pagination-> 1st page side (can add an
empty page at the start of the chapter if it's set to anything other
than Next Available.)
- Page break in paragraph format or as paragraph override, or start:
top of page setting
- Master pages set to anything other than Left or Right
- Pages with graphic objects or text frames outside (or behind) the
body text frame
- Pages with an extra text frame that overlaps the body text frame