[Framers] ExtendScript for save as text, for Git usage ?

Monique Semp monique.semp at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 2 09:47:39 PDT 2016

>Would it be an option for you to keep a copy of every FM document in plain
>text? This is not as cumbersome as it sounds, since you can install an
>Extendscript which saves the plain text copy automatically whenever you
>choose File > Save. I've set up something similiar to have a readable copy
>for Git version management. If you're interested, I can post the
>Extendscript on the mailing list.

Hi Jo,

I'm also using Git, and the option of having a plaintext version for Git
compares sounds appealing. Can you elaborate on the process you're using,
anything to look out for, and post the script?

I can see great potential for this, but wonder whether extraneous info will
clutter up a Git compare (I'm using the SourceTree GUI client on Windows,
which has a good compare normally; and I also can use GitLab's compare on
the server-side to see diffs), or whether relevant diffs might get lost due
to formatting diffs or something?

Thanks much,
-Monique