[Framers] ExtendScript for save as text, for Git usage ?

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Thu Jun 2 10:14:31 PDT 2016

Git does not support binary files. It assumes that all files under its
control are mergeable text.

I'd use something like git-annex or Git LFS for unstructured
FrameMaker and image binaries. (It's not currently an issue for me
since my doc source is in Confluence and the only files I put in Git
are those required by the build process.)

Do you really find it useful to diff MIF files very often?