[Framers] smart spaces - selectively disabling ?

Scott Prentice sp14 at leximation.com
Tue May 24 13:20:42 PDT 2016

Hi Monique...

*If* you're working with DITA and *if* you're using DITA-FMx .. you're
in luck! FMx has an option to do just that (as well as the same for
smart quotes). But I'm thinking that this doesn't help your current
situation.  :o

My only remotely useful suggestion would be to create an ExtendScript to
toggle this on/off with a keystroke. If I find myself with some spare
time on my hands (not likely in the near future), I might just make a
plugin to do this .. does seem rather useful .. but don't hold your breath.

I assume you've looked for a keyboard shortcut to toggle this setting?

Hmm .. isn't there a way to create shortcuts for "F-KEYS"? I'll try and
check something later this afternoon. Rick might know and beat me to it
... ??

Cheers,
...scott