[Framers] smart spaces - selectively disabling ?

Monique Semp monique.semp at earthlink.net
Tue May 24 13:26:54 PDT 2016

Hi Scott,

Yep, you know it—I'm not using DITA, structured Frame, or DITA-FMx :-(. But
I was just typing up a reply to the list, that corroborates your info:

I've received an offlist reply with a FrameScript to toggle the smart spaces
on and off, so that's what I'll do (when I get to it, and purchase a new
FrameScript license, which is now being sold directly by the developer,
Frank Elmore, instead of Finite Matters, who sold it for many years).

In the meantime, this is manually possible just by using the manual process,
Format > Document > Text Options, to toggle it on and off. I didn't realize
that the setting was sticky only until you changed it, not a permanent file
setting.

And yes, I bet there is a simple shortcut for F-keys that I could set up; I
hadn't thought of that because I didn't know what key sequence I needed to
keep repeating :-).

(So in this respect, FrameMaker is just like Word. Years ago, when I had to
use word for a client for a big suite of user docs, I used keyboard macros
to toggle smart quotes on and off so that the code snippets would use plain
quotes.)

Thanks for the tips and info!
-Monique