[Framers] RFP for seriously unglamorous (but potentially rewarding) Framemaker conversion work

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Tue May 24 16:03:12 PDT 2016

I am looking for a very hungry Frame user who is willing to do some
mind-numbing copy/paste work from a 750-page PDF/Word doc written in
Spanish into an unstructured Framemaker template to overwrite the
equivalent paragraph of English text. It is a paragraph-by-paragraph
copy/paste job but requires a great deal of attention to detail
(e.g., to identify when to create cross-references) and good
Framemaker skills (to keep you out of trouble). But it is still
copy/paste with no opportunity for self-expression or creativity, no
scripting, no short-cuts.

Preference will be given to Framers who are based in the U.S. and are
fluent in Spanish, but this is NOT a translation job.

If you are interested, please email me privately by this Friday, May
27, with your resume and a brief cover letter. I will give you a
nondisclosure agreement, a non-compete agreement, and a sample
chapter file to use to base your estimate on. You will return the
completed chapter for evaluation along with your bid for the project.
Experience, reliability, quality of work, speed, and professionalism
are all factors that will be reviewed.

My role in this project is to supervise and facilitate the book's
conversion for my client (I maintain the English version of this
book); you will be contracting directly with my client, who is a
well-established organization in the rail industry.

The successful candidate may be considered for long-term maintenance
of the Spanish version of this book, which is updated twice each
year. This could turn into a very good contract once you recover from
the book's conversion to Framemaker. And getting a foot in the
Spanish rail industry could be a good career move.

The project will start the first week in July.

Carol

Carol J. Elkins---A Written Word LLC
Making Information Understandable
Phone: 719-948-3773