[Framers] crash saving to XML - resolved, sort of

Fred Wersan fwersan at mak.com
Wed Nov 16 07:50:00 PST 2016

Last week I asked about a crash when I try to save to XML (Frame 2015,
structured). After trying everything I could think of, I called Adobe
support. After about an hour or so, the resolution was that if I copied
the problem files to my desktop, I could save them to XML without crashing.

This was kind of weird. They had to actually be on the desktop, not even
a subdirectory under it. It was tedious and annoying to work with the
files, but I was able to save to XML and get on with the rest of my work.

So, I am passing this along as another strategy for dealing with crashes
and corrupted files.

I am still suspicious that some of the recent patches caused the
problem, since I installed them since my last successful save events. I
tried to install Frame on a different computer so I could try it out
without these patches, but naturally, it wouldn't install.

Fred
--

*Fred Wersan* | Principal Technical Writer
*VT MÄK* | 150 Cambridge Park Drive, Third Floor, Cambridge, MA 02140