[Framers] Mif wash .book files

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 17 11:32:38 PST 2016

At 19:14 +0000 17/11/16, Stamm, David wrote:

>You, too, have hit upon something.  Your test resulted in no joy again.  ¿So, what does Notepad do that corrupts the .mif file?

Wildly guessing here based on Mac experience.... A MIF file is an ASCII text file. So you have to think, what could go wrong with an ASCII text file?

. Variations in character encoding standards

. Non-compliance with the expected line end character/character combo (i.e. LF, CR, CR+LF and so on)

. Fniger troulbe when editing ;-)

and so on.

On Mac I never had any issues with MIF-washing, but saying that doesn't help you. I've now got a mixed-platform system and editors that can display invisible characters, so happy to run trials if that would help.

--
Steve