[Framers] What do you say when FrameMaker disappoints?

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 10 06:07:15 PST 2017

Rick, it strikes me that it is not so much FrameMaker that is disappointing, but Adobe support. If this is a 'straightforward' software bug, equipped with the problem document and development environment Adobe Support ought to be able to work out what the problem is and run out a patch in short measure. Proper practise with complex commercial applications is to maintain an instrumented development environment for every version of a product that can back-trace a crash and zero in on a specific bug quickly.

If Adobe does *not* do the above, then I share your feelings.

--
Steve [ex-software developer]