[Framers] What do you say when FrameMaker disappoints?

Alan Houser arh at groupwellesley.com
Fri Feb 10 06:42:52 PST 2017

This issue has frustrated me for some time. The FrameMaker app appears
to be a whack-a-mole of unhandled exceptions. Am I the only one who gets
an immediate crash on "Help>About FrameMaker" in FrameMaker 2017?

Still, for FrameMaker's "sweet spot" (desktop publishing of large PDFs,
which many orgs will continue to require into the foreseeable future), I
don't see many good alternatives.

One recurring issue among my clients ... FrameMaker is rather intolerant
of network latency. This usually shows up when saving FM files to a
network drive, but may be an issue when generating PDF. I also see PDF
failures relating to graphic file corruption. I know you're aware of
these issues, but thought I would mention them.

-Alan

--
Alan Houser
Group Wellesley, Inc.