[Framers] FrameMaker vs InDesign

David Creamer IDEASlists at IDEAStraining.com
Sat Jun 24 12:59:53 PDT 2017

That is just a result of poor training. It may or may not be the designer's
fault--most likely the company/manager is to blame by not providing the
training or enforcing a professional workflow.

In my experience, once a designer sees the advantages of using based-on
master pages, text styles, and object styles, they will be happy to switch
over. This is especially true for large projects like a book.

David Creamer
IDEAS Training
ADOBE Authorized Instructor & Certified Expert since 1994
Training on: Acrobat, LiveCycle Designer, InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop,
Illustrator, Flash, After Effects, Fireworks, Premiere
Pro, Dreamweaver, Captivate, RoboHelp
FrameMaker Certified since 1991, including structured XML
Authorized QuarkXPress Instructor and Certified Expert since 1988
Microsoft Office training, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,
Publisher, Project, and more
FileMaker Business Alliance member: Trainer
Authorized FlightCheck Instructor