[Framers] OT: ISP recommendations?

D L Reynolds reynolds at semicool.com
Fri Mar 3 04:02:53 PST 2017

For about a decade I’ve used HostGator as my ISP and was satisfied until yesterday — when I received an email from them saying phishing was being hosted on my site. They shut the site down before notifying me, then recommended that I contact a company called Sitelock for emergency recovery.

From what I’ve read, Sitelock charges $200 for emergency recovery, and then requires a six-month monthly service commitment. As it happens, HostGator and Sitelock are owned by the same company, so I smell a rat (and I’ve found many similar complaints online). I’ve ftp’d my public_html folder to my hard drive, so I should have all my files. Next step it to choose another ISP. Any recommendations?

Many thanks,

     — Donna Reynolds