[Framers] OT: ISP recommendations?

John Sgammato john.sgammato at actifio.com
Fri Mar 3 04:47:37 PST 2017

I use both HostGator and Omnis. Omnis doesn't have as many bells and
whistles, but I never have any trouble with them, and their support is very
good.

On Mar 3, 2017 7:03 AM, "D L Reynolds" <reynolds at semicool.com> wrote:

For about a decade I’ve used HostGator as my ISP and was satisfied until
yesterday — when I received an email from them saying phishing was being
hosted on my site. They shut the site down before notifying me, then
recommended that I contact a company called Sitelock for emergency recovery.

>From what I’ve read, Sitelock charges $200 for emergency recovery, and then
requires a six-month monthly service commitment. As it happens, HostGator
and Sitelock are owned by the same company, so I smell a rat (and I’ve
found many similar complaints online). I’ve ftp’d my public_html folder to
my hard drive, so I should have all my files. Next step it to choose
another ISP. Any recommendations?

Many thanks,

     — Donna Reynolds