[Framers] Font size in marker windows, in FM2017

techcommtools.com matt at techcommtools.com
Tue Mar 21 14:56:47 PDT 2017

Hi Austin,

You can very easily increase the size of your marker text in FrameMaker 2017. However, I don’t believe you can easily change the size of that text independently of many other things.

Unfortunately, because the video that Stefan pointed you to is the 1920x1080 standard, I suppose there’s no real way for that video to “prove” to you that the feature absolutely works. (I produced the video, and I couldn’t figure out a clever way to show the net result of the resolution settings)

However, as Bernard pointed out, you can easily download the trial and see for yourself.

If you need a little more convincing, here are some screen captures I did on my machine.

1400x1050, small icons
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqmtu494ycjkbbm/SXGAPLUS-smaller.png?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqmtu494ycjkbbm/SXGAPLUS-smaller.png?dl=0>

1400x1050, large icons
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8kewjf6tdtmlfh/SXGAPLUS-larger.png?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8kewjf6tdtmlfh/SXGAPLUS-larger.png?dl=0>

2560x1440 smallest icons
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9jvowh8ee0m64t1/QHD-Smallest.png?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/9jvowh8ee0m64t1/QHD-Smallest.png?dl=0>

2560x1440 preferred icons (This is my daily work environment)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zr4z1dcxw8nxis/QHD-Preferred.png?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zr4z1dcxw8nxis/QHD-Preferred.png?dl=0>

3840x2160 smallest icons
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1x7td465bcj92z3/4k-smallest.png?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/1x7td465bcj92z3/4k-smallest.png?dl=0>

3840x2160 smaller icons
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uh25h63affcyrkw/4k-smaller.png?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/uh25h63affcyrkw/4k-smaller.png?dl=0>

3840x2160 largest icons
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ivv3kvw8ssn518i/4k-largest.png?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/ivv3kvw8ssn518i/4k-largest.png?dl=0>

The font size of the marker window is the same in 2017 as it is in earlier versions.
So you will be very disappointed (and upset) if you upgrade to 2017 and expect
a larger font in the marker window.
When Adobe released FM2017, they claimed to have finally made it compatible with high-density screens, but I noticed that their screen grabs did not include any demonstration of this. Since I suspected that they were merely lying again, I contacted a sales rep and promised that I would upgrade *immediately* to FM2017, *paying whatever price*,  if only they would provide me with a screen grab that demonstrated that they were at long last telling the truth -- that their newest release was indeed compatible with high-density screens. When the sales rep was (predictably) nonresponsive, I presumed that this meant that they
were lying again. -- Now I see, from this thread, that unfortunately this was an accurate assessment.
Please pardon me for anger at their disrespect of their customer base -- after passing through every release of FrameMaker since long before Adobe acquired it, I am 79 now, and my eyes have become my severe limiting condition.
Austin Meredith, kouroo at kouroo.info <mailto:kouroo at kouroo.info>
-Matt

Matt R. Sullivan
Tech Comm Tools

online courses <http://www.techcommtools.com/upcoming-courses/>  |  you can book me <https://mattrsullivan.youcanbook.me/>

FrameMaker - Creating and Publishing Content
 <http://www.amazon.com/Publishing-Fundamentals-Unstructured-FrameMaker-11/dp/0982811853/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1414525942&sr=1-1>
C: 714.585.2335 | matt at mattrsullivan.com <mailto:matt at mattrsullivan.com>

 <http://twitter.com/mattrsullivan>  <http://twitter.com/mattrsullivan>@mattrsullivan <http://twitter.com/mattrsullivan>    <http://www.linkedin.com/in/mattrsullivan>  <http://www.linkedin.com/in/mattrsullivan>LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/mattrsullivan>    <http://www.facebook.com/mattrsullivan>  <http://www.facebook.com/mattrsullivan>Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/mattrsullivan>