[Framers] FrameMaker variable language

Reng, Dr. Winfried wreng at tycoint.com
Mon Nov 6 00:28:46 PST 2017

Hi,

Some years ago I had noticed that only those variables or cross-reference
formats or paragraph autonumbering definitions are imported in a
translation memory system (Trados) which are actually used in the document.
All those which are not used are not imported.
When you edit a variable which is not translated and then import
all variable definitions into another file, you might overwrite already
translated variable definitions in the other file.

I do not know, if this had changed. And it could be that some translation
memory systems handle this issue differently.

Best regards

Winfried