[Framers] Symbol Bold? Re: Framers Digest, Vol 142, Issue 17

Simon BUCH simon.buch at m-ais.com
Tue Jan 30 07:33:46 PST 2018

I just thought I would add in my $0.02 worth to this.

I have found that some Microsoft Office products [Outlook, Word, Excel,
etc.] make fake fonts, where weights and styles do not exist - such as
the Symbol font.  If there is any text in Symbol, and bold effect is
applied, Office products will tag it as "Symbol Bold", and will then
display a bolded version of the font, even though the Symbol Bold font
is not installed.

I suspect that there may be a paragraph tag, or character tag definition
that tries to reference it.  To hunt down the rogue font reference, I
would suggest saving the file as MIF format, and opening the MIF in a
text editor to search for the definition.

// Simon BUCH -- M-AIS