[Framers] File storage best practice

William Saylor wsaylor at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 29 12:38:29 PST 2018

I have to concur with the suggestions to keep everything associated with a project / book in one folder - even though it seemed counterintuitive to organizing by subfolder. I have a 12 chapter textbook with 150 figures and tried segregating the graphics into a separate subfolder and ensuring the linking path was correct. But, having to move across systems - and generating FM pdf book output as well as WebWorks for epub and HTML5 book output - convinced me that one folder works best. But, without an SVN type repository I did have to move older chapters to a separate folder (if I needed to save versions) and could keep the master folder with everything being used in the project.
Bill