[Framers] Formatting source code snippets

David Artman David at DavidArtman.com
Tue Apr 9 05:46:39 PDT 2019

Tabs is the way to go, imo, because the code you'll be copying and pasting is either tab indented or space indented, and so it's preserved.As for typeface, I recommend choosing one that clearly distinguishes 1, l, O, 0, and other potentially ambiguous glyphs. For instance, I won't use a typeface for code (or user input) that does not have a slash or dot in the zero and serifs on lowercase L.HTH,David[DCA:d.a.d.]
-------- Original message --------From: Reng Winfried <w.reng at carecom-solutions.com> Date: 4/9/19  02:39  (GMT-05:00) To: "An email list for people using Adobe FrameMaker software." <framers at lists.frameusers.com> Subject: Re: [Framers] Formatting source code snippets Hi Peter,When I have to document our API like software, I have several tab stops set in the paragraph designer.Then I just enter as many tabs in the text to have the wanted indentation. This way I can more easily copy and paste code samples.Yes, and I also have a monospaced font (Courier, but e.g. Microsoft Consolas is equally good).That's just my approach. Others might have better procedures.Best regardsWinfried-----Original Message-----From: Framers <framers-bounces+w.reng=carecom-solutions.com at lists.frameusers.com> On Behalf Of Peter KellySent: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 4:02 AMTo: framers at lists.frameusers.comSubject: [Framers] Formatting source code snippetsHi everyone,I have seen variations of this topic in the archives dating from 2007. I was wondering what strategies FrameMaker 2019 users employ to reproduce code snippets in API reference guides and the like. I used to format each indentation with a different style and also used to just copy and paste into a monotype style to preserve the formatting without having to re-create it in Frame. Any suggestions or better work methods are much appreciated.Best,Peter_______________________________________________This message is from the Framers mailing listSend messages to framers at lists.frameusers.comVisit the list's homepage at  http://www.frameusers.comArchives located at http://www.mail-archive.com/framers%40lists.frameusers.com/Subscribe and unsubscribe at http://lists.frameusers.com/listinfo.cgi/framers-frameusers.comSend administrative questions to listadmin at frameusers.com