[Framers] Strange corruption when using FrameMaker 14.0.3.500 [2017 release]

Simon Buch Simon.Buch at m-ais.com
Thu Feb 21 05:54:21 PST 2019

Hello Framers,

In all the years I have used FrameMaker [since 3.0], I have rarely seen
FrameMaker get into the state that I am currently experiencing at my
customer site.

I took a screenshot the first time it occurred.

While editing a number of documents for extended periods - maybe over 6
hours - all the fonts in the document suddenly mutate to the Windows
"System" font, as shown in the first screenshot.
[image: FM odd.gif]

After that occurs, the FrameMaker menu goes completely blank, and any
attempt to access any of the menus - such as File > Exit yields an entirely
black menu being shown, and no menu functions available.  The only way to
quit FrameMaker is to force quit the process using Windows Task Manager.

The same behaviour happened again this morning, but instead of showing the
document content, it looks like Windows is painting part of the corrupted
display as it overlapped the book pane, and the document pane.

[image: Another odd session.gif]

The customer machines are well specified - 32Gb of system memory, running
on Windows 10.

Have any other FrameUsers experienced similar display issues?

// Simon BUCH

.