[Framers] Converting Markdown (.md) files to FM

Orly Zimmerman orlyzim at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 28 06:50:49 PST 2019

HI All,
My client gave me Markdown and PDF files.
Does anyone know a way to convert markdown files into FM and retain their formatting? I know I can import the MD files directly into FM using the Text converter - but that leaves them unformatted - the PDF looks really nice.
He wants the files in FrameMaker so that we can create a book easily and also continue to maintain the cross-refs to online registers, apart from the FM specialties of conditional text, etc.I can make simple scripts to convert, item by item, but a conversion tool would probably be best.

Thanks,OrlyZ