[Framers] FM2019 Volume and Chapter Numbering

ideaslists at ideastraining.com ideaslists at ideastraining.com
Sun Jan 5 17:12:05 PST 2020

>So, have you found any drawbacks to this approach, other than the problem
of getting other users to refer to the reference page?

The only problem I've run into is when an extra heading needs to be added
in--assuming you want all the heading markers all in a row and not randomly
placed anywhere in the code as they are added. The code has to be updated
everywhere if it's an all-in-one code. Nothing that can't be overcome, but
I've always found it a lot easier if the headings are a separate
list--simply create a new heading level (e.g. Heading6), add another <n>
before the last <n+>, and done.

Also, sometimes I only want users to use the editing features--catalogs,
spell checker, find/change, user variables, etc.--and stay away from the
reference pages, master pages, and the various designers.