[Framers] version numbering and document control

Lise Bible rentagoodbook at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 09:08:13 PST 2021

Hello, Framers,
Historically (I inherited this system) the manuals for my company have
listed the month and year as the revision. And that has worked ok, except
when more than one update needed to happen within a month. And my boss
wants me to switch to a numbered revision system.

But what has me stymied is, what number do I start with? It doesn't really
make sense to me to start at 1 because some of these manuals are now 10
years old and have had multiple revisions/updates.

Any advice?

(My boss also wants me to implement some kind of document control system, a
la what we do with engineering drawings in Autodesk Vault but that's a
secondary step and one I have not figured out yet. He has said he wants to
put manuals in Vault like the drawings are, and I'm still not sure how well
that would work. I could see maybe uploading pdfs, but I'm thinking doing
this with the frame files would get messy.)

Thanks,
Lise
--
*Save the earth.* It's the only planet with chocolate.