[Framers] activation dialog for old Adobe software

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Tue Jun 14 17:05:53 PDT 2022

I finally got around to contacting Adobe about this. Couldn't find a phone
number so used chat. After I stumped the bot it connected me to an agent.

Konari (6/13/22, 4:13:42 PM PDT): Thank you for your time. I want to inform
> you that software is no longer distributed by
> Adobe. We no longer have the software bits and it’s been decommissioned.
> It happened because our aging activation
> servers for Creative Suite products had to be retired.
>
> Konari (6/13/22, 4:14:40 PM PDT): As you're our long time customer, this
> is a great time to consider moving With the
> Acrobat PRO DC, you get a discounted price of 9.99 USD$$/month for the
> next year and a free credit of 90 days on your
> subscription. You will be paying 119.88 USD$$ approx. for the complete
> year instead of the standard price of180 USD$$
> with 3 free months too worth 29.97US$ (which is just half the price) . How
> does that sound to you? Basically you'll be
> getting discounted prices and also will be paying for 12 months and will
> get 15 months. Would you like to buy this offer
> plan? You can choose this plan in two types : 1- Annual plan paid monthly
> with 3 free months. 2- Annual plan paid
> upfront with 3 free months.The plan has number of benefits as they never
> get out of support, support 24/7, Mac never
> stops supporting these apps as it gets modifies along with the Mac updates
> which was not available in older 10 years
> old Adobe apps.
>
> You (6/13/22, 4:28:00 PM PDT): I paid for a permanent license.
> You (6/13/22, 4:28:12 PM PDT): You have no legal grounds to stop it from
> working.
>
> Konari (6/13/22, 4:33:50 PM PDT): We are not stopping. If it is already in
> your system it will work otherwise you want to
> use newly downloading and installing so it will not work because you are
> working new operating system. and it was end
> of life product.
>
> You (6/13/22, 4:37:42 PM PDT): No, it was working fine on Windows 10.
> Something installed Acrobat DC and it disabled
> Acrobat 8.
>
> Konari (6/13/22, 4:38:58 PM PDT): Once it disabled then it will not
> activated.
>
> You (6/13/22, 4:39:44 PM PDT): That's not acceptable. You're stealing the
> product you sold me.
>
> Konari (6/13/22, 4:42:58 PM PDT): I completely understand your concern I
> am escalating your issue to our senior
> department they will get back to you within 24 to 48 hours via new Acrobat
> 10 serial number for one time exception
> because you are our valuable customer.
>
> You (6/13/22, 4:54:51 PM PDT): Great, thanks.

Seems weird that they have a special department for old people, but they
sent me a download link and license for Acrobat X so I'm in good shape.