PDF Printing Issues in FrameMaker 11

Magnus, Thomas C Thomas.Magnus at Teradata.com
Thu Aug 23 11:09:03 PDT 2012

Salome,

I had an  issue with Win 7 64-bit, FM 9, and Acrobat X. Win 7 32-bit prints fine.

Performing the following steps resolves the error for me. Although I had previously cleared this option in Printing Preferences, the solution seems to be clearing this option in the Printing Defaults.

    http://forums.adobe.com/thread/617432

.               On Win7 x64 with FM8 and Acrobat 9 Pro, this resolved the issue for me:

1.       Click the Start menu, and then click Devices and Printers

2.       Right-click the Adobe PDF printer, then click Printing Preferences, and then deselect Rely on system fonts only; do not use document fonts

3.       Click OK

4.       Right-click the Adobe PDF printer, then click Printer Properties, then click the Advanced tab, and then click Printing Defaults

5.       On the Adobe PDF Settings tab, deselect Rely on system fonts only; do not use document fonts, and then click OK.

6.       On the Adobe PDF Properties dialog, click OK

Hope this helps,

Tom