Adobe Community Forums and Obtuse website

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Tue Jun 19 10:01:17 PDT 2012

Scott,

Sorry, but I am not the one to vent at with regards to Adobe's website. I'm just a dumb engineer in the print group. I have no control or even any influence over the Adobe website.

In terms of reaching the "community forums" (a.k.a. the "User to User Forums"), I got there with two clicks. From the Adobe home page, I clicked on the Help button on the top line of the screen. Alternatively, in the middle of that home page, there is a section labeled Help in which if you click either Find answers fast, More, or Product help and support centers, you get directly to Adobe's main support web page. From there, you can get directly to the Adobe User to User Forums by clicking on the Join in button in the center of the page in the Meet+Ask+Follow section. To find on-line support for particular products, there are direct links to some of the major products and the rest of the products may be accessed by clicking on More Products.

Quite frankly, from what I see, the current support page on the Adobe website is significantly better than most of what we've had over the last few years. And FYI, I don't navigate the Adobe website on a regular basis. Since you used my name in vain in your message, I decided to simply see for myself how "bad" it really was. Personally, I don't think that it is quite as bad as you make it out to be. I had no previous coaching of what to look for to get where you wanted to go and I got there in two to three mouse clicks. Would this be the way I would personally design a website. Probably not, but then again, I am not a website designer - thanks, I'll keep my day job.

                - Dov

[cid:image001.png at 01CD4E02.784177F0]

Dov Isaacs
Principal Scientist
Adobe Systems Incorporated

+1 408.536.2896 (tel)
+1 408.242.5161 (cell)
isaacs at adobe.com

345 Park Avenue
San Jose, CA  95110-2704 USA
http://www.adobe.com

Feel free to print this e-mail
if your needs dictate hard copy.
There is no need to feel guilty about printing!
Paper is renewable and recyclable.
See http://value.printing.org/